All ViCon applications are based on a three-dimensional computer model, which is enriched by further information and used for a variety of tasks. Data is generated once and continuously reused and amended throughout the life cycle of a building, thus creating added value for investors, uses and operators.
Continuous maintenance and update of the 3D model reduces the workload caused by retroactive data collection, prevents data redundancy, excludes typical process interruptions, creates leeway in decision-making and substantially minimizes planning and execution risks.
Any number of additional features can be stored within the model, for instance chronological connections between the construction of individual parts of a building or the costs of individual building components.
Technology available today allows for the creation of 3D models within appropriate time frames and at acceptable costs. HOCHTIEF ViCon is in a position to process different data formats and does not depend on certain software products or manufacturers.
- Creation of CAD guidelines
- Creation of 3D building models on the basis of 2D plans (shell construction, fit-out, building structure, technical building systems, site installation)
- Creation of 3D infrastructure models on the basis of 2D plans (shell construction, earthworks, steel construction, main media, site installation)
- Control and quality management of 3D models provided
- Consolidation of 3D models